On June 9, 2021, JABES-E was officially named an eligible Economics journal, the first of its kind in Vietnam, in the list of Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) under the Web of Science System. Such accomplishment is a tremendous and ambitious step towards ensuring UEH JABES’ eligibility in the Scopus Journal in the near future.
Owned by University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH), Journal of Asian Business and Economic Studies (JABES) is an international peer-reviewed quarterly journal that focuses on addressing the development of business and economics, distributed bilingually in English and Vietnamese. The English version, JABES-E, is published once every quarter, amounting to 4 issues per year on the Emerald International Publishing House System, while its counterpart, the Vietnamese version, JABES-V, publishes monthly, resulting in 12 issues per year.
Thus far, JABES-V continues to be remarkably regarded, receiving the highest score from the State Council of Professors out of all academic journals in Vietnam. This is done thanks to the team’s diligence in meticulously reviewing all information prior to official publication to ensure their standards and in an effort to constantly improve their overall academic quality.
In parallel, JABES-E, in May 2018, was formally recognized as the first Economic journal in Vietnam to be present in the Emerald International Publishing House database. With 9 issues and 58 research articles from 132 authors, 70% of which are foreign contributors, from 25 countries worldwide, JABES-E welcomes and encourages the global community of scholars to explore and utilize its resources for their own academic needs. Additionally, JABES-E is also indexed in DOAJ, Google Scholar and ASEAN Citation Index (ACI), Cabell's Directories, and ProQuest.
On June 9, 2021, JABES-E was officially named an eligible Economics journal, the first of its kind in Vietnam, in the list of Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) under the Web of Science (WoS) System, run and managed by Clarivate Analytics. This accomplishment is monumental to our efforts to later be listed in WoS Core Journal List, which would effectively increase our visibility as a worthy journal to be indexed in other high-reputation categories such as SCI, SSCI and A&HCI. Accordingly, any and all research papers published after January 1, 2019 will be indexed in ESCI under Web of Science.
As the first of its kind – an Economic-focused journal – in Vietnam to be listed in ESCI, JABES pioneers in taking a tremendous and ambitious step towards ensuring UEH JABES’ eligibility in the Scopus Journal in the near future.
Today’s celebration for JABES is the culmination of years-long persistent efforts and immense aspirations towards internationalization from many generations of JABES-UEH leaders and academic staffs, along with JABES’ vast research collaboration network both locally and internationally. Additionally, we credit this achievement to the guidance and support from the Ministry of Education and Training for having implemented the JABES Upgrading Projects since 2013, with two funding phases.
In an effort to elevate and strength our academic reputation and recognition among international academic community, since 2020, JABES has organized the “Economics & Business: Agendas for the Uncertain World” symposium with a series of seminars (JABES Seminar Talks – JST) to address relevant and useful research topics in the context of post-COVID “new normal”. The JST series are presented and facilitated by well-known scholars, who are Editor-in-Chief of various prestigious and influential scientific journals in the world. Thus far, JABES has successfully planned and held 7 JSTs, attracting more than 100 local and international researchers and scientists from nearly 20 countries. In particular, our honorable guest speakers include:
- JST Conference 2020: Prof. Ajai Gaur (Rutgers University, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of World Business). Topic: Asian context, Global issues: Opportunities and Challenges for Asian scholars.
- JST Conference January 2021: Prof. Kevin Lang (Boston University, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Labor Economics). Topic: An Agenda for Labor Economics Research in an uncertain word
- JST Conference February 2021: Prof. Tilman Börgers (University of Michigan, Lead Editor of Journal of Economic Theory). Topic: The Usefulness of Game Theory: Comments On The 2020 Nobel Prize in Economics.
- JST Conference April 2021: Prof. Andrews Foster (Brown University, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Development Economics). Topic: Are there too many farms in the world? Labor-market transaction costs, machine capacity and optimal farm size.
- JST Conference May 2021: Prof. Scott R. Baker (Kellogg School of Management). Topic: Uncertainty Indexes and Understanding Stock Market Jumps.
- JST Conference June 2021: Prof. Nancy R. Xu (Boston College, United States). Topic: Risk Aversion Propagation: Evidence from Financial Markets and Controlled Experiments.
- JST Conference July 2021: Prof. Shoshana Grossbard (San Diego State University, Editor-in-Chief Review of Economics of the Household). Topic: How does economics of the household help us cope with COVID-19?
In addition, on August 27 and 28, 2021, the 3rd Asia Conference on Business and Economic Studies (ACBES 2021) will be held by JABES, organized with funding from the Ministry of Education & Training and UEH. The conference will be held both online and offline to attract new authors. In addition, sharing from famous Keynote Speakers will help contribute to improving our overall academic reputation and quality:
- Prof. Bart Lambrecht (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom; Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Banking and Finance);
- Prof. Carlos Alós-Ferrer (University of Zurich, Switzerland; Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Economic Psychology);
- Prof. Les Oxley (University of Waikato, New Zealand; Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Economic Surveys);
- Prof. Ilan Alon (University of Agder, Norway; Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Emerging Markets).
The ACBES International Conference 2021 is also honored to receive advice from the Honor Council including:
- Prof. Gary Monroe (UNSW Business School, Australia; Editor-in-Chief of the Accounting and Finance)
- Prof. Wim A Van der Stede (London School of Economics and Political Science, UK; Editor-in-Chief of the Management Accounting Research)
- Prof. Sara Dolnicar (The University of Queensland, Australia; Editor-in-Chief of the Annals of Tourism Research)
- Prof. Ajai Gaur (Rutgers University Newark Business School, US; Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of World Business)
- Prof. J.W. Goodell (University of Akron, US; Editor-in-Chief of the Research in International Business and Finance)
- Prof. Marco Trombetta (IE University, Spain; Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Accounting and Public Policy)
- Prof. Thomas Lange (Australian Catholic University, Australia; Editor-in-Chief of the Evidence-based HRM)
Especially, an important academic activity in the process of organizing the ACBES Conference 2021, JABES also organizes a special Workshop Training on August 26, 2021 for researchers registered to attend the ACBES Workshop 2021 with special topics such as: "Causal Inferences: A Mixtape" presented by Professor Scott Cunningham (Editor-in-Chief of the Technological Forecasting and Social Changes), and "Quantitative Science Studies and Research Policy" presented by Professor Wolfgang Glänzel (Editor-in-Chief of the Scientometrics Journal).
All new JABES information and important events such as ACBES International Scientific Conference and JST Talk series will be continuously updated on JABES official information channels as follows: